This is a super easy dinner to make that takes advantage of some summer fruits and vegetables. Put your herb garden to good use with fresh basil and hit up your local famer’s market for red onions and nectarines. The recipes comes from Country Living magazine’s website as part of their quick and easy dinners. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken with Nectarine, Red Onion, and Basil Relish
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
PREP: 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 ripe nectarines or peaches
- ½ small red onion
- ½ c. chopped fresh basil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat grill to medium-high. Clean the grill and lightly oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the nectarines and red onion and toss to combine; set aside.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining 2 teaspoon oil, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and grill until cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165 degrees F, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Fold the basil into the nectarine mixture and spoon over the chicken.
We recommend pairing this with quinoa or farro or just over some roasted vegetables on the grill like asparagus or zucchini!