It’s easy to find an excuse to not exercise. Too busy, no equipment, not sure what to do. Well, we aren’t here to agree and let you off the hook! Instead, we have come up with a list of ways to sneak in exercise. Now there’s no excuse!
- Walk around the neighborhood while talking on the phone- to a friend or paying a bill
- Walk while listening to a podcast or audio book
- Forgot something? Walk up the stairs to get your keys. Walk down and walk back up the stairs again!
- Use the bottom step of your staircase for step-ups and side step-ups
- Squat to unload/ load the dishwasher
- Squat while you are cooking. Chop, squat, stir, squat
- Lunge while folding laundry
- Do pushups while you watch tv
- Hold a plank while you are waiting for the Kcup of coffee to brew or tea kettle to boil
- Don’t have weights? How about using cans or water bottles
- No medicine ball? Check the garage or shed for a basketball
- Grab a bath towel to use as a mat
Now that you have some ideas, see what you can do throughout the week. Even just a few minutes helps.
What ways do you incorporate exercise in to your day when you can’t get to the gym? Let us know!